Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Java Host Server Usage

Sometime back I was under the impression that the Java Host server is only used for displaying Charts,Graphs and all those flashy images, but, after the below incident I found one more usage of the Java Host server.

Today, I had a requirement to create some reports in BI Publisher. When I logged in to OBIEE and tried to access BI Publisher from More Products then I got the below error:

“An error occurred during execution of “connect“. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it”

I was amazed when I got this idiotic error as I just did a fresh OBIEE install. Another interesting thing was that I was able to access the BI Publisher Standalone application and was able to login into the application successfully.

When I read the error, it said ‘target machine refused to connect’ which meant the server is shut down but that was not the case as I was able to login in standalone application. So, this thing brought up more confusions.

After all this confusion, I went and checked all the servers and found that except Java Host server all the servers were started. So, just as a trial I started the Java Host Server and to my surprize my problem got resolved.

2 comments:

  1. Java hosting is no more expensive. Check www.jvmhost.com - I could not find better deal these days. Even without their discounts- seems to be the cheapest Java provider on the market

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAVA language is the best among the existing languages. It is the most friendly one.

    ReplyDelete